Call for Participation
Submit a paper or poster for MCMLA 2012: Librarians Touching Lives.
Remember, proposals are due Monday, July 2, 2012 and must include:
- Author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Abstract of 250 words or less describing the content of your paper. The suggested format for the abstract is: Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
- Is your submission a research project? Yes or no?
- Is your submission a poster? Or a presentation (paper)?
- Any special equipment requirements
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by July 31, 2012.
Papers will be presented on Thursday afternoon, October 4th. Presenters will be given 15 minutes: 12 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
Posters will be displayed on Thursday, Oct. 4th. Presenters will be expected to stand by their posters from 3:00-3:30 p.m. to answer questions from viewers. Posters will be pinned to a display wall. Maximum size for posters: 4’H x 6’W.
As a guide in the submission process, review the article, “The Structured Abstract: An Essential Tool for Researchers,” (http://www.research.mlanet.org/structured_abstract.html) which originally appeared in Hypothesis: The Journal of the Research Section of MLA. The Southern Chapter of MLA’s suggested formats for structured abstracts (http://www.scmla.org/abformat.htm) gives further examples of formats for research and non-research–based reports.
Questions may be directed to Brenda Pfannenstiel, 816-234-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.